Here is your problem. You work from home and “Casual Friday” is an everyday vibe. You are wearing the same (fave) leggings 3 (or more) days in a row. When your office cubicle is actually your bed or the couch, your outfits might become “meh”. But, we love leggings. Here’s how to keep-on-keeping-on with those coveted (maybe Spanx?) leggings in a few simple upgraded ways you can do right now.
Let’s make it as EASY as possible to look chic in our favorite work from home leggings…
Foundational pieces are a sophisticated way to say leggings and tunic. Because you betcha that those coveted “daily” leggings are a foundational piece. And that black top (my go-to) you pair most often with those leggings are also a foundational piece. Good news: You can wear these 2 “work from home” uniform pieces EVERY SINGLE day after day but look COMPLETELY different (for those Target runs!) with VERY simple edits.
Wearing your favorite go-to leggings and top, here’s how to easily switch up the outfit vibe of those 2 pieces.
Keeping your 2 “foundational” pieces going strong, just change out the jacket/blazer/vest.
- Each time you just switch out the top layer jacket for a different one you majorly mix up the vibe. That’s all I did (below) and see how different each outfit is.
- Remember, I am wearing the same leggings/top in each look – just changed the top layer.
Truth: Subtle changes or additions with your fab foundational 2 pieces is all it takes.
- In each look, I just switched my shoes. Done & done to appear completely different.
- Again, I’m still wearing my staple “work from home” outfit of leggings and black tunic.
Finishing touches, but not a requirement. Mix up your accessories.
- That means changing out your bag, necklace, earrings.
- Any and all of the above accessory changes will bring the eye to that “new” piece which will (again) make your leggings and tunic appear like an entirely different outfit.
- Note: a “new” accessory could be as simple as a winter pom-pom hat!
Easy solution to upgrade your basic “work from home” outfit. Hope it helps you in creating new “glam” outfits (with leggings!)
Give me a follow on Instagram HERE to learn other ideas on how I “glam” things up!
Photography by Kailey Marie Photography