How many times have you gone to your closet, pulled out at least a dozen articles of clothing, but determined that you have NOTHING to wear? If you have been guilty in participating in this craziness at least once in the past week or so, it might be that you are lacking wardrobe essentials. Those pieces that can pull a look together. That form the structure of the overall vibe you are trying to achieve. To feel confident in what you’re wearing and in how you present yourself. All about wardrobe essentials. And how to set this up in your closet.
Wardrobe Essentials SHOULD…
- Show off your best features
- Fit your well (no tugging or pulling while wearing)
- Work with a variety of different pieces
- Create a foundation for your outfit
- Last more than 1 season of wear
Wardrobe Essentials Include…
- Statement bag/clutch (when you effortlessly keep the rest of your look monochromatic, the bag steals the show!)
- White Blazer (Chic with denim – or throw on with a LBD at a wedding for when you get cold at night)
- Scarf (when all else fails, a scarf ALWAYS comes through to perk up the personality of your look!)
- Quality Denim (For how often we throw on jeans, spend a little more to get a pair that fits your fabulously!)
- Plain White (vneck) Tee (BEST layering piece!)
- Embellished flats (adds a bit of sass to your vibe)
- Black cardigan/wrap sweater (Flattering, easy to toss on, perfect from season to season…)
Where to Start?
- Start small with 1 quality wardrobe essential at a time.
- Determine how much you will spend & when (some pieces you will want to splurge more on… so plan to fit into your budget – no one is stylish while in debt!)
- Find a fave store (Nordstrom, for example) to get quality pieces with the support of trained and fashionable stylists!
- Have fun – maybe get that statement bag at a Flea Market or Estate Sale. Make an event out of it!
Have big goals but a small bank account? Take a peek at OhConceptCollection. Although this brand showcases “the modern business woman” – they really are just celebrating classic pieces that will look sleek whenever you wear them. Like THIS black sweater I’m wearing from OhConceptCollection. The leather detailing gives this “basic” black sweater instant sophistication to your style. And because it’s subtle, it wont compete with any statement bags or shoes you pair it with. Belt it or not – either way lends itself to looking lovely!
What wardrobe essential do you want to update right-this-second to your closet?
Get your credit cards ready! More “must-have” pieces…like a chic trench, glamo boho and embellished others!
*Loved partnering with OhConceptCollection for this post, but as always all opinions are my own.