Creeping it real with Halloween tomorrow. Hey, BOOtiful, not to be too corny… but celebs are obsessed with 1 facial over all others. Here’s how to get a spooktacular glowing complexion like theirs – Vampire Facial.
Vampire/PRP Facial selfie 3 hours after treatment
What IS The Vampire Facial?
- Vampire? Clinically it’s called a PRP microneedling procedure.
- PRP? Platlet Rich Plasma. A microneedling treatment using your own blood (plasma) so that your own cells are doing the work to
- Kardashian. Yep -it’s THAT facial that Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore and dozens of other celebs do for their youthful air-brushed glow.
- PRP = Platelet Rich Plasma. Plasma is the liquid portion of blood. Plasma holds the platelets, the red blood cells, and other cells in your bloodstream. Platelets stop the bleeding/form a clot. All working together to turn cells around ASAP.
- Your Plasma? Your own plasma is used for this Vampire Facial microneedling treatment. Yep. Not-even-kidding.
- Your blood, put into a centrifuge, separates the red blood cells from PRP.
- The separated platelets get injected into your skin (during a Vampire/PRP treatment)
- PRP releases your own growth factors to activate multi-potent stem cells (aka that youthful glow)
Why Do a Vampire Facial?
- Safe: PRP is super safe. Why? It’s your own blood used. No preservatives. No way your body will reject YOUR cells. Get it?
- PRP Power: Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) jump starts your body’s repair process. Super stimulating new collagen and elastin production for MAJOR VIP treatment/results!
- Variety: PRP can be done on your face, neck, décolletage, and/or hands.
- Few Treatments: Typically 1-3 treatments needed for best results, in 4-week intervals.
5 Steps to the Vampire Facial
After drawing your blood, it’s put it in a centrifuge to separate the red blood cells with the platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
Voila – separated/spun blood. See the difference in color? This separation pulls all the Red Blood Cells (RBC) to the bottom of the test tube and then your PRP is towards the top. The lighter/top color is platelet-rich plasma.
Nurse practitioners draw up the RBCs and discard them. All that is left is the PRP.
Finally – your own PRP is used in the Vampire Facial microneedling process. Why? PRP has growth factors that when spread onto your face will help stimulate new cell growth and collagen production.
Boo-tiful Before/After Results…
What do you think? 3 Microneedling treatments (including the Vampire Facial/PRP Microneedling) done to improve the tone/texture/glow.
YOU are Un-BOO-lieveable… thanks for stopping by!