Today I’m linking up with some crazy cool bloggers in showcasing The Age of Adaline movie! Specifically, we are ALL ABOUT trying out some chic looks from this film. Us bloggers found some fabulous inspiration from the new movie, The Age of Adaline, and want to share it with you.
My look? Give the 1920’s look a modern touch. A mix between the 1920’s and 2015. I hope you like it!
Loving how this movie takes us through the decades and through all of those iconic looks. How fun to recreate some of these looks with a touch of today, right? Let’s try out some 1920’s inspired makeup today!
That Gatsby meets Glam meets Prohibition meets Flapper look. That BOLD yet subtly pouty-sad-beautiful vibe. It’s very similar to what we do today with our makeup, with a few edits. We are all about that bold lip – but we just need to tweek it a tad to create a more 1920’s feel. Want to test it out for yourself? It only takes 10 steps and a few products for a fabulous finished look with a little bit of that 1920’s feel!
1920’s Make-up Tutorial:
1. Prime the face with your favorite primer.
2. Over your ENTIRE lid, wash a nice light/medium matte brown shade. Be sure to blend well and create it all the way to your brow. Don’t wing it upwards at the edges… just keep it solid.
3. Using that same eye-shadow brush, sweep some below the eye. Your goal is to create a very circular eye with the shadow.
4. Add your brown pencil liner on the upper and lower lash lines. Finish by using a smudge brush to soften that line.
5. Add layers of mascara on both the upper and lower lashes.
6. Apply your corrector under your eye.
7. Using your foundation brush, apply foundation over the face.
8. Blend your blush over a large area (NOT just apples of the cheek) and blend-blend-blend.
9. Finish with your Studio Fix matte powder over the entire face. No shine. No glow. Were going for a matte look.
10. Apply the red Stila lipgloss trying to really show off your cupid’s bow. Think large and in charge… with a slight pout. A 1920’s vibe for a look that you can wear today without feeling too costume.
And there you go! To really add to the look, add an embellished headband like the one I’m wearing or like the one below!
Head Jewelry by GibsonBeSpoke via etsy
Ready to shop for makeup?
Here are my suggestions on what you need to create this 1920’s Age of Adaline look!
Nails Inc polish in “Victoria”
Tarte Colored Clay Eye Primer
Bare Minerals Ready 8.0 Power Neutrals eye-shadow
Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Kajal Liner in Black Coffee and Noir
Benefit Cosmetics “They’re Real” Mascara
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pencil
Bare Minerals Correcting Concealer
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (choose a light shade for your skin to create a porcelain effect)
Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick Blush in Shy Blush
MAC Studio Fix
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery
Be ready with your most trusted make-up brushes, including blender and smudge blushes! You do need them all! Having the proper tools makes a maj difference on your application! Brands I use include Bobbi Brown and MAC. Best.Brushes.Around!
Think you’ll try out a 1920’s touch to your makeup look? Maybe just try one part, like the bold lip? Let me know in the comments!