Stop stressing out about the transition from (what seemed like would never ever end) cold weather wardrobe to (finally) lighter, brighter spring styles. Wondering what to wear as you either transition from wonky weather days (50 degrees one day, 75 degrees the next: aka Cleveland, Ohio weather) and how to easily add in new trends into your closet? Would you like to not spend a fortune in the process yet still have pieces that are comfortable, classic and chic? Sharing some of my fave #ootd pieces with you and those wardrobe staples for spring that are cute-cute-cute! The top 2 trending summer style pieces to add to your closet ASAP are off the shoulder tops and kimonos. Bonus: Both can have major mileage in your outfits and both can be worn in the spring, summer and even into fall!
- Bra Basics: Wear a nude colored strapless bra. Tres important.
- Elastic Essentials: If the OTS top elastic is weak, don’t plan on making ANY arm movements. At all. Ever. Or the top will continually flip (then flop) up above your shoulders for a wardrobe #fail.
- Extra Elastic Hack: Just for kicks (or in case you do want to move your arms), attach 2 safety pins to 1 hair elastic on either end. Then attach each pin to the top of each shoulder area on your OTS top. Slip your arms through the hair elastic to keep your OTS top snugly in place.
- Classic: A nautical vibe for any top (especially OTS) keeps your look on trend, but without being “trendy.’
- Wear it With: Anything. Distressed denim, cargo pants, joggers… it’s a go. Just remember to keep a balance with the volume of your top to other pieces you wear with it.
How to Style a Kimono
- Boho Chic: toss it on over a v-neck tee and denim shorts
- NOT Boho Chic: No Coachella for you? Wear a kimono with a LBD or strapless dress. Adds sophistication to the look.
- Belt it: Too much material for you? Belt it. Cinches in your waist, styles a kimono in a classic way!
- Cardigan Upgrade: Colorful and embellished kimonos are an outfit upgrade when temps are cooler
- Boring outfit?: Almost any kimono instantly adds that je ne sais quoi to any #ootd. Done and done.
- Just Keep Swimming: Kimonos are fabulous for cover-ups at the pool…
You can.not.go.wrong with either of these 2 top pinned summer styles. And you’ll be within your budget. Try out the OTS tops and kimonos (but maybe not at the same time) for wardrobe staples that will be super flattering and so fun to wear! SHOP the (only $26 y’all!) off the shoulder striped top HERE and the (only $34!) kimono HERE…
Which of these 2 popular trends do you (or will you) wear the most this summer?
TOBI offered me the OTS top and Kimono for review for this post. All opinions are mine alone.