Going on a trip? If you need 3 outfits, but packed 25 just to be safe – you might want to keep reading. Seriously, are you packing the right things? Are you forgetting essentials? What will you really WEAR while on vacation? Besides the obvious option of giving in and packing every-single-thing you own, how can you pack efficiently to look and feel fabulous? Packing a suitcase like a pro can make-packing-a-bag-a-cinch…because it’s time for another adventure for YOU.
Pack ’em: How to Pack Properly
- Roll ’em: Roll your cotton garments (tops, pants, etc…) and layer next to each other on the bottom of the suitcase
- Lay ’em: Lay out your NICER pieces (blazers, button-down shirts, dresses…) on the tippy top layer of your suitcase
- Side ’em: Place smaller items (flatiron, shoes, baseball hats, clutch/bag, belts…)
- Weigh ’em: Shoes (yes – we love ’em….) weigh a LOT. Time to play favorites… choose only a FEW to bring along.
Tried It?: Packing Hacks
- Dry Cleaner Bags: Plastic bags (from the dry cleaner) used in between your layers of clothes in your suitcase give a silky swish for all items to reduce wrinkles!
- Hotel Laundry Bags: Know those draw-string bags (for laundry) found hanging in your hotel room’s closet? Use those for your dirty laundry when you pack for returning home.
- Dryer Sheets: Not only are dryer sheets genius for quickly removing static from your hair or outfit, but when placed in a suitcase they keep your clothes smelling fresh!
- Plastic Wrap: If you’re staying longer than a minute at your destination, chances are you are NOT packing teeny-tiny travel sized shampoos. Keep shampoo (or any liquids) from leaking out (and ruining your garments) during travel with plastic wrap. Unscrew the container’s top, cover with several inches of plastic wrap, then recover.
- Oven Mitt: Pack an oven mitt to store your hot-hot-hot flat iron or curling iron.
- Binder Clips: Use to keep headphone cords contained, to cover a razor blade (because who keeps the razor blade covers?) or for about a dozen other uses!
- Gotta LOVE a list. Especially when this FREE PACKING LIST is colorful, chic and cute! Print it… check it off…and be confident you have NOT forgotten a THING! From meds to beauty items to food that you can.NOT.forget to pack!
- Oversized scarf: snuggle up with (on a chilly airplane) or as a temporary pillow during delays.
- Never pack anything in your checked luggage that you would be heartbroken without.
- cell phone and laptop chargers
- car/house keys
It’s bad manners to keep a vacation waiting…