Move over, mason jars. There’s a NEW, chic way to decorate your home from salvaged or thrift store items.
On the hunt for fabulous finds from thrift stores in the CLE. Making it happen and getting it done to decorate in a modern, sophisticated (and unique) way. Room makeovers are THE #1 way to refresh a space. Remember the before/after photos of my own living room here? Or the before/after photos of an accent wall addition here?
How to Start?
- Google “thrift shops in your town” to populate a list.
- Search “thrift shops near me” in the Facebook search bar.
- Do a hashtag search on Instagram to discover more local places. Something as simple as “#ClevelandThriftStore” or ClevelandThrifting” will bring up a bunch of results.
- Dedicate an entire afternoon to exploring one or two thrift stores.
- Decide what room or space you want to decorate, and then have an open mind.
- Look at items differently (ex: banisters from stairs could be cut in half and used as candle holders)
- Be frugal in what you buy. Refrain from adding tons-o-thrifted-stuff into your home. The goal is transforming a space – not cluttering it up.
[trying on this gorgeous scarf…what do you think?]
[ADORE the vibe of this thrift store! The vibe makes the entire shopping experience EVEN better!]
[⬆️Some FAB finds from a local Cleveland thrift store!⬆️]
If you’d love some expert tips and tricks that are current, to the point, and from someone who knows what they’re doing – you want THIS book.
- Joanne Palmisano, the author, is one of Country Living’s 100 Most Creative People for 2018.
- Restoration techniques are explained with before/after photos, tips, and tricks, and ways to think about a space.
- Included are “do-it-in-a-weekend” home projects, and salvage inspiration for every room of the house.
- Have you ever spotted a beat-up-looking old piece of furniture at a garage sale?
- Had a flash of inspiration imagining ways to re-purposing Grandma’s afghan collection in a modern way?
- Dreamed of upgrading your home with new, shabby chic, and sophisticated ideas from thrifting?
If you answered YES to any of the above… this is the book for you. Happy thrifting!