✨Let’s talk dirty✨: Do you need to clean the house for 2 plus hours just to tell your guests, “sorry about the mess…” Same. THIS girl loves a clean and sparkling home but the spring.cleaning.struggle.is.real.
10 simple spring cleaning tips and tricks (secrets from the cleaning pros!) to tackle un-tidiness once and for all. In 1 afternoon. Seriously, your space can look spick and span in a speedy second using these spring cleaning hacks.
- 📌 Task by Task: Save a TON of time by cleaning task by task, NOT room by room. Meaning, do ALL the dusting (of every room), then do ALL the vacuuming (of every room), and so on.
- 📌 Smoothie Solutions: A girl’s gotta get her smoothies, am I right or am I right? Cleaning kale + protein powder + strawberry stuff out of a blender is no bueno. The solution is so simple! Just fill up half of your blender with water, add a squirt of dishwasher liquid and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Voila! Rinse out the soap residue with water and you’re good to go!
- 📌 Magic Microfiber: Brushes and towels and scrubbers and spinners and sponges – oh my! Switch it up for a microfiber cloth. It does-it-all, y’all! Even attach it to a broom (with rubber bands) to clean above baseboards, top of bookshelves or ceiling corners.
- 📌 Move Over, Windex: Wowza-yowza shiny clear windows happens with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch mixed into 1 cup of water and 1 cup of white vinegar. Pour that magical concoction into a glass (not plastic) spray bottle and spray away!
- 📌 PULL it REAL good: Did you know that when vacuuming, it’s the PULLing back that sucks up the icky-yuck from the floors. The PUSHing forward of the vacuum only gets it into position, for the most part. #MindBlown
- 📌 Hairy Sitch: Speaking of vacuums, pet hair and the front brushes of a vacuum do NOT get along. Pulling out the hair/fur with your nails is gross. Instead, use a seam ripper to dissect the mess and remove it, keeping your mani looking marvelous.
- 📌 Because, Toilets are ew: Ick. You cleaned the toilet. Don’t stick that wet toilet brush back in the holder. Here’s the trick. Once you’ve finished cleaning, rest the handle of the wet/drippy toilet brush on the bottom rim of the toilet seat, then close the toilet seat on top of it. This keeps the brush suspended. After 30 minutes or so, any extra toilet water will have dripped off of the brush. Now you can return the brush to the holder. Kinda genius – kinda “why didn’t I think of that“, huh?
- 📌 Hallway Closet Chaos: One option is to SHOVE all your towels, bedding, extra pillows into the hall closet, quickly close the door and run away, hoping nothing springs out! A smarter option is to use a pillowcase from the bedding to put the fitted and flat sheets (with other pillowcases) inside. Organized and saves space!
- 📌 Bounce Bounce, Baby!: After doing your first round of dusting with your polish-of-choice, take a dryer sheet to re-dust over those cleaned surfaces. The anti-static coating on a dryer sheet keeps dust from forming a little longer than without using it, and it smells so fresh and so clean-clean!
- 📌 Wax On, Wax Off: Mr. Miyagi knew what he was talking about. Using a sheet of wax paper to wipe down faucets will remove water spots to create a spotless shine!
Another one fights the DUST! Ha! If you get more cleaning done 10 minutes before someone arrives at your door, you are JUST the person who will THRIVE with these hacks.
✨ Did I miss any cleaning hacks? Share your tips/tricks in the comments!✨