Brrrr! Baby, it is COLD outside! Sweater weather, move over. It’s pretty much a wrap yourself up in a blanket and never-leave-your-house-weather. Bundle up with some of the best blankets to battle the bitter cold temps!
If you literally just want to complain about everything until it’s summer… hang on. Blankets can make it better.
- Natural Beauty: Cotton is a natural fabric that is most popular for being comfortable year-round, all season.
- Big Benefits: Breathable fabric because it absorbs & releases perspiration the most efficiently. And – cotton blankets feel cozy and cool in the summer, but keep you warm in the winter.
- Team Cotton: Members of the cotton family (used most often for blankets) include flannel and velvet.
- Breathable: Believe it or not, despite the “scratchy” texture, wool is a breathable fabric and can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without feeling damp.
- Winner Winner: This insulating fabric is the hands-down winner to keep you the warmest. Perfect for winter temps!
- Where to Wool?: Because wool is not known to be the coziest fabric, wool blankets are best for layering. Placing one on top of your other blankets (ex: on a bed) is your best bet.
- Faux Fur:
- Whaaaat is it?: Faux fur is a “textile” fabric made of synthetic fibers that are processed, dyed, and cut to mimic real fur characteristics. Then the fabric is treated in a bunch of ways (heated, brushed with wire, sheared…) to get that “fur” feel.
- The SNUGGLE is Real: Most popular picks for snuggly blankets are faur fur.
- Trending: Faux fur is everywhere! From blankets to clothing to accessories, there’s a seriously stylish reason why we adore faux fur.
If your favorite winter activity is going back inside – add some of these most coveted blankets to your life.
But on the plus side, doesn’t shivering count as exercise? <wink>