This post is sponsored by Greek Gods Yogurt but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
The dreaded “New Year’s Resolution” is upon us. How many of you are thinking that one of your resolutions is to make better choices in your diet? If you grunted yes, stay tuned. Making better meal choices doesn’t define itself to a plate of raw veggies. There are many creative options, and I’m sharing a few of my favorite ways to incorporate yummy food choices into your routine, starting with frozen smoothie treats!
Smoothies. Love ’em or hate ’em, but they can be a great way to add in fruits and veggies to your meal routine. But, let’s GLAM them up a bit. Let’s make smoothies into a “glam” frozen treat that you will LOVE eating!
- Favorite Fruits: 1 cup (frozen or fresh) of pineapple or strawberries or blueberries or whatever you choose!
- Liquid: 1/4 cup of almond milk, or coconut water, or pineapple juice
- Yogurt: 1/2 cup of Greek God’s yogurt (flavor of your choosing – I used Strawberry)
- Almond Butter: 1 TBSP of MaraNatha Almond Butter
- Silicone Candy Mold (available at most craft stores)
- Cut up your favorite fruits into bite-sized chunks and place in the blender.
- Pour 1/4 cup of your juices into the blender.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of Greek God’s Yogurt and add to blender.
- Add in 1 TBSP of almond butter into the blender.
- Blend everything until smooth.
- Carefully pour smoothie mixture into candy molds.
- Freeze overnight.
- Once frozen, pop out the smoothie treats to enjoy!
Seriously SO yummy (rich & creamy) while helping you achieve or maintain your resolution of making better meal choices for you and your family. And when you can make smarter choices, you are winning girlfriend!
- each serving of Greek God’s yogurt has 9g of protein
- excellent source of calcium
- seven different live & active cultures
- contain live & active cultures
- made with milk from cows that are not treated with growth hormones
Next time you are at Walmart, go to the dairy aisle, in the yogurt section, and all of the choices will be on the lower shelf.
MaraNatha Almond Butter can be found in the peanut butter aisle at Walmart, on an upper shelf.