All iPhone users…listen up. I’m talking updates on your iPhone today, and I’m betting a buck that you might not know all that iOS 8 has to offer you.
Every-single-time I need to UPDATE my iOS, I feel a little nauseous. My heart rate beats a little faster and I start to sweat. Why? Because oftentimes when I do an update, all craziness happens. Time to re-download music or find missing apps… something along those lines. Good times. ahem.
However, there are GOOD things about updates, and here are the top 5!
1. Battery Bandit: Now you can see EXACTLY what app or feature is sucking up the most battery life. Just head to Settings>General>Usage>Battery Usage.
2. Hey Siri: Have Siri ready & waiting for you…even WITHOUT hitting the Home Button! It’s possible! Head to Settings>General>Siri and “Allow ‘Hey Siri'” – Now you can just say, “Hey Siri” and she will respond! Easy.
3. Sha-What?: And on that note of Siri always being ready for you…now you can ask Siri what song is playing and she connects with the Shazam app to tell you! When you’re in the car and are hands-free, you just need to ask what song is playing and Siri will fetch it. She’ll even give you a link to buy the song!
4. Shoppin’ with Safari: Who has time to enter in your credit card numbers and info every-single-time you make an online purchase with your phone or iPad? Now if you shop using Safari you can “take a photo” of your credit card to automatically enter all info. It doesn’t actually take a photo… but that photo process snatches up all your credit card number info.
5. Swap out to Swipe or Swift Key: If you’re bored with the standard keyboard, now’s your chance to SWAP it out for something more modern, like Swipe or Swift Key. Both are more advanced in learning your keystrokes and are pretty popular!
What is your favorite feature that your phone offers for you?
Share in the comments!
A LA PLAGE says
Karen this is GENIUS! I hate updates so much, I still haven’t made mine and didn’t update any of the 7s haha! I’ve been using Siri lately so now I will be happy to download! Yay! Thanks so much from this share!
À LA PLAGE
Arent these some great new features??? 🙂
Love this! I also get high anxiety every time I have to update my phone! lol
The anxiety is insane! haha…
Vicky @ randomlittlefaves.com says
This is AWESOME!! I haven’t upgraded to the newest version yet for the exact reasons you mention….I just wonder what’s not going to work! But…that Battery monitor thingy might just have me updating in the next couple of minutes…that’s genius! And, I really don’t use Siri, but asking her what song is playing is fantastic, because, yep…I’ve been driving down the road and hear a song I love then try to fumble to get my soundhound app open in time to listen to the song! Do you know if you have to download Shazam or any other app for that to work, or do I just simply ask away? Great post!! Totally going to share this in my round up post this weekend ;).
Thanks, Vicky! I think you might need the Shazam app for it to work, but I use that app and I highly recommend. Thanks for including this post in your upcoming round-up!! xx
Lindsay Carreiro says
I’ll have to take a look at some of these new features..I can’t stand the swipe keyboard though lol Thanks for posting!
I’m probably the only blogger without an iPhone but definitely need to look into getting one!
To Hell In A Handbag
Great overview and loving all of these updates! Siri and I have a love/hate relationship, haha, so I am glad I can get her to respond much easier now. Now I need to learn to not talk so loud and so slow when trying to get her to find something for me!
i have a droid (i know..like the only one) the new S6 and I am loving it. minus siri (we have google which talks to you, which i guess any phone can use) we have those apps too, so i feel like I’m not missing out!