Preppy Wardrobe Essentials 101. Sharing how to easily achieve a preppy fall and winter look (with THE most-coveted accessory).
- How to pick preppy wardrobe essentials?
- Who sells the top-trending preppy accessory?
- How to find must-have and top-trending jewelry pieces?
- What jewelry instantly and effortlessly upgrades a preppy look?
If you ever wondered any of the above questions, take notes on a Kate Spade notepad. It’s not as complicated as you might thing. Really, you can get a preppy look instantly from just a few essential steps:
- Colors: Navy, burgundy, white, green, pink and camel are top picks. Navy is my neutral… can work with anything.
- Patterns: Classic plaids, tweeds, gingham, nautical or stripes add interest but aren’t over the top.
- Staples: Button down shirts, tunics, classic jeans, pencil skirts, sheath dresses can be worn year after year after year. Classis.
- Layers: Cardigans and blazers keep the look classic, not cluttered.
- Coats: Pea coats or capes along with a quilted vest are perfect choices to keep away the cold, preppy style.
- Shoes: Ballet flats, riding boots, loafers and wedges are always a no-brainer to compliment your outfit
Believe it or not, bold accessories are the best way to add a pop of preppy glamour to your outfit.
- Match the Metals: When layering metal bracelets, keep them all the same type.
- Go Big: Big, bold classic pieces instantly add interest. Remember the gorgeous J.Crew bubble necklace? Or layers of pearls? Statement pieces that are tasteful and fun.
- Monograms: Forever fun and classic to add that chic sophistocation. Wear your monogram in a necklace, bracelet or ring. Monogram your tote. Just don’t wear them ALL at once, ok?
- Color: A pop of pink, turquoise, yellow, orange and gold for added glam.
Besides the beauty and basic of bows as a preppy accessory, Lisi Lerch has dozens of other accessories to brighten up your overall look.
*Lisi Lerch provided earrings for review for this post, but all opinions are my own.