What is the meaning of powder brows?
What are Powder Brows?
Well, you can think of it as a tattoo. But not the type you might be thinking of. We mean a subtle, natural-looking upgrade to your already beautiful features. In other words, powder brows are a semi-permanent tattoo process that gives your eyebrows a fuller, more defined look.
Powder Brows are:
- Extra smudge-proof! They won’t come off! Remember it’s a semi-permanent tattoo.
- Super easy to upkeep! Just get a touch-up after 12-16 months from your first procedure.
- A great way to get the perfect eyebrows! The color will only slightly change or fade over time, which means that you can always expect flawless results when applying makeup or going out without any brow products whatsoever.
Why should I get powder brows?
- Powder brows are ideal for almost everyone. They’re great for those who want more time in their day, love the thought of perfect eyebrows 24/7, and want a semi-permanent solution to achieve this.
- They look natural.
- Powder brows are easy to maintain.
How long does the procedure take?
The first procedure (of two) will take about 2 hours to complete, but the result is well worth it. The technician will use a numbing agent, which usually works pretty well. This means you won’t feel much pain at all! Just a little…
The next morning, you may notice some redness and swelling in your eyebrows. This normally settles down within a few days, and is nothing to worry about – it’s simply a sign that your body is healing as normal following cosmetic procedures.
After 6 weeks you return for the “touch-up” treatment to fill in any areas that might have been missed in the first round or if there are areas you would like fuller. It’s smarter to start with the brow basics then add to it versus going all extra in the first round. This touch-up procedure only takes approximately 45 minutes.
This second treatment should last between 12 to 18 months before it needs topping up or retouching. It all depends on how quickly your skin regenerates, so there are no guarantees here! It’s important to be prepared for this possibility when deciding on whether this treatment is right for you or not.
What do you think? If you have any questions about this procedure or need a recommendation in the Cleveland area let me know in the comments!