Made in France, with B-I-S-O-U-S… Want to master that French je ne sais quoi? Voila! Transform into your Parisian tres-chic self with a French inspired party! How? Um, Bonjour – dishes of delish French food and beverages will DO it. Impress your guests with the Parisian decor, vibe and what you serve. Done and done with a few fabulous (and select) French products and recipes.
5 Steps to Host a Parisian Inspired Party
No need to be all matchy-matchy for a French inspired celebration! Instead, set your spaces with variety.
- Mismatched plates, silverware, wine glasses… All together it looks effortless and tres chic.
- Variety of vases with simple wild flowers from your backyard or greenery plucked from a tree bring the outdoors in. Think simple and organic, NOT structured or perfectly arranged.
- Flea Market Finds: Perfect time to use that 1 random glass or those 3 antique knives or a hand-crocheted table runner all at once.
- Offer a variety of wines for your guests from cabernet, whites, and yes way rose!
- Display wines on the tables, along with water in simple glass carafes.
- Pair Cheeses with
- fresh salad plates
- fruits (strawberries, raspberries…)
- parmesan crisps
- meats (cured sausage, paper thin prosciutto or other muscle cuts of meat)
- chutney or jam
Create that “thrown together” and inviting vibe with your decor.
- Think fresh flowers tossed in vases.
- Enhance comfort with pillows and small seating areas.
- Create conversation with wines and small plates of food throughout the room (not just in 1 central location)
- Why? Your guests can more easily chat with others if the food/wine plates are near them…
As Julia Child said, “People who love to eat are always the best people” – and I think she definitely had French food on her mind when sharing this thought!
- Keep food farm fresh and simple.
- Create a variety of mini-meals to allow guests to sample and taste throughout the evening.
- Prepare ALL food beforehand. That “effortless” Parisian vibe has the hostess/host relaxing and chatting with guests. NOT frantic in the kitchen over a hot stove. See the difference?
Try this Simple and Parisian-chic Radish Recipe… [ingredients: baguette, radishes, ricotta, microgreens, EVOO]
- Purchase fresh radishes at your local farmers market.
- Slice the baguette on an angle (so you get those long, thin slices versus short round slices).
- Lightly brush slices (both sides) with EVOO, place the slices of the baguette on a baking sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes at 375′ turning once.
- Using a mandolin on the THINNEST slicing setting, slice the radishes.
- With the toasted baguette slices, spread a thin layer of ricotta onto each piece.
- Layer on a few slices of those thinly sliced radishes, topping with micro greens, and a tiny bit of sea salt and pepper.
- Drizzle a drop of EVOO as the finishing touch…
Are you INSPIRED to host a Parisian inspired soiree? Bon Appetit!