Good organizing is not about changing your personality – just your habits. Decluttering a space begins with a vision. We can make an organized living room space happen. With a few tips, tricks and strategies you’ll be on your way…
➰ Coffee Table Clean Up ➰
First things first. The coffee table should be the center of the seating are. Meaning, the couch, chairs or poufs should be within range of the coffee table. Why? This allows for better conversations and a way for you and/or guests to feel comfortable in enjoying appetizers or candy in a cute candy bowl.
- Double Duty: Find a coffee table that can have chic “storage” (magazines, blanket, etc…). Mine (above) has a bottom shelf so I can easily stack those InStyle magazines, Mark & Graham catalogs and a book without messing up the vibe. Too many “things” on the top shelf of a coffee table creates a pile-up, aka bad feng-shui.
➰ Vary the Shapes➰
Mixing up shapes (and sizes) creates an optical illusion for the eye. Suddenly space becomes spacious. Truth.
- Try a square decorative tray with a small round item (handmade ceramic lidded vase) and a taller and more voluminous faux floral arrangement.
➰ Pair of Poufs or Pillows ➰
Vary the seating, especially in small spaces, for extra guest seating.
- Low seating is the easiest option for seating and storage. Might be a few poufs or floor cushions, but they’re all easy to move around and store when not in use.
➰Smaller Side Tables ➰
The bigger the side table, the more clutter collection.
- Goal: Find a side table with JUST enough surface area to fit one or two things. A small lamp, flowers, a few decorative pieces.
➰Chic Storage ➰
The storage struggle is real. Yes? Stylish storage sollutions for the win.
- Invest in a storage ottoman, covered basket or brass wire basket to effortlessly toss blankets, toys, sweatshirts or other things you use regularly. No time to neatly fold and away in a “space”? No worries – just casually toss in a stylish storage bin.
Win a COPY of the Real Simple Method to Organizing Every Room.
⬇️SHOP THE POST ⬇️
What your FIRST goal in organizing your living room space?
And… any tips you can share to help us all get it together even better?