Wherever you’re off to, take New York Street Style with you.
Frank Sinatra loved being a part of it; New York, New York. And on those (rare…haha) days when we can’t jet set off to NYC, here is something to transport you to New York, while also bringing you a meditative calm.
- Namaste: Not a fan of yoga? No problem. Plan B: find another way to find meditation. Why? It’s a way of relaxation. Everyone needs a calming tool.Not everyone needs yoga… so find your match…which might be as simple as an adult coloring book – another form of meditation.
- No Negativity: Coloring is THAT type of focus that gives you time to re-focus from anything icky (aka anxiety, thoughts, decisions) in a positive way.
- Bring the Brain Balance: Adult coloring books are a workout for both parts of our brains! Yep, both the right and left hemispheres are doing their cardio while coloring. From what marker colors we will use or if we will switch between markers and crayons – its a bunch of problem solving, fine motor skills and creativity.
- Mark It Up: Know how much you debate about what COLOR of marker/crayon/colored pencil you’ll use for part of your drawing? That type of focus brings back focus and concentration. Instantly reduces the bad focus from your stressful-ness – and that’s a good thing.
- Simple Science: Science says that when you focus on a “simple” activity (adult coloring books), your brain relaxes, focuses, and is more mindful on other things. Win-Win: you aren’t the focus of your own thoughts, so you can make more balanced and mindful decisions.
Tranquility through outfits, accessories, and hairstyles! Color in the iconic NYC skylines and memorable street scenes. Window shop the elegant stores of New York while you make your way through an iconic city… all while finding some balance.
I received this book to review from Blogging for Books in exchange for this post, but all opinions are my own.