HGTV, where you at? Always making it look so simple to create that trendy, rustic farmhouse decor to your space. But guess what? No need to dedicate 1,000 hours of your life to achieve this vibe. You can easily add a subtle farmhouse look to your dining room in only a matter of hours – all within YOUR personal style (sans chicken coop!).
Farmhouse Vibe within YOUR Style
Here’s the thing. Farmhouse or rustic or shabby chic does NOT need to be strictly sunflowers or barnyard animals or “Farm Fresh.” Farmhouse is a foundation. Use these 3 ideas, within YOUR interest(s), to achieve that vibe in your space.
- The Vibe: Cozy, Sophistocated, Simplicity
- The Decorative Style: Keep it fresh by keeping it within YOUR style. I adore coastal and nautical decor, so I will mix my style with the farmhouse foundation to be super chic and new!
- The Finds: Mix up new and vintage to keep it authentic. Think flea market finds, a few new pieces, and all useful items.
- Natural or neutral colors and/or elements
- Exposed edges/wood
- Matchy-Matchy: Pass on a cow tray with cow salt and pepper shakers….and a cow pillow.
- Cliche: Farmhouse means rustic simplicity, so steer clear of chickens or milk bottles or dozens of mason jars.
- The Mall: Buying all “farm” themed pieces does not make it your own style or simplistic. Instead it does just the opposite.
How I Incorporated Coastal Chic with Farmhouse Decor
- Start Small: Decorate (only) 1 part of your living space at a time. I started with my dining room table.
- Shop Your Stuff: Look at what you have (because you obvi love it since you already own it!) and use that for your decorative pieces to display.
- Farmhouse Simplicity: Using my natural (not brightly painted) candlesticks, a table runner made by my grandmother, a shell from a vacation and flea market found glass buoys, I easily mixed my style with the foundation of what farmhouse is all about.
After ALL this decorating, you’ll work up an appetite! Who wants pizza?
The taste and quality of THIS new gluten-free crust is a game-changer. Totally breaking that gluten free expectations of compromised taste! (also thinking a healthier option because of the Ancient Grains used in the crust…Win-Win!). Try a 2-topping pizza with Papa John’s NEW Gluten-Free Crust with Ancient Grains for $9.99! Use PROMO CODE GLTN2T for a small 2-Topping Gluten-Free Crust Pizza $9.99!
What part of your style will you blend into that farmhouse style decor?