Bindya NY just launched their very firstresort collection!!!
Originally known for their addictive and luxurious cashmere scarves, Bindya NY decided to branch their collection into beachwear. This collection features her signature tie-dye prints and bright colors in an array of styles. From caftans to beach pants to sarongs, this collection has something for everyone. Bonus: super easy (and stylish!) to take these looks from day to night effortlessly as they’re all wrinkle-free! Pieces range in price from $100-175. Be on the look out for this beach collection in November/December.
Before you go shopping at BindyaNY, I’m quite certain that you’ll want to meet the lady behind these amazing scarves! Loved interviewing Bindya…
1. Can you talk about where some of the inspiration for the fall collections came from? Is it from a specific location like in your past collections or something else? Or a combination?
For fall like any of our collections, we go thru the trends for that season and work it into our own aesthetic. I love watercolor prints and incorporate a lot of that style into my designs.
2. Who are some of your favorite fashion icons? Why?
I love Erdem, Peter Pilloto, and DVF. I love the way each of the them mix bold patterns, print and color for an amazing turnout.
3. What types of new embellishments can we look forward to seeing in your collections?
On our Lulla collection we are doing some new beaded tassels, which seem to be very popular. With the Bindya collection, our customers really just love the digital prints.
4. Where do you create your designs? At home? At a favorite spot?
It can be really anywhere. One time I got a great design idea off a matchbox in a restaurant in London. No real place- just wherever I’m inspired.
5. What location was your very first inspiration for your collection?
Venice! It was where my business was invented.
6. What’s your favorite non-traditional way to wear one of your scarves?
I love the made up loop. I tie it at the end and wear it as an infinity scarf. A very fun way to change up your scarf look.
7. What is YOUR favorite/go-to way to wear a scarf?
The very traditional way- around my neck. This just makes me feel comfortable and warm as well. I’m always cold.
9. How did the beach collection come together?
It’s something I’ve played around with for a while. I’ve always gotten comments from buyers saying our digital prints are so amazing and they would look great on tunics or caftans.
10. In looking towards the future of BindyaNY, where do you still want to go with your collections?
Hopefully we can start incorporating more fashion accessories and then more lifestyle accessories. We are hoping to become a lifestyle brand.