Manicures used to be so simple. Paint on the polish and you’re good to go… minus the inevitable chipped nail. Today there is a LOT more to the manicure mania. From a variety of nail polish companies to a variety of ways to do your nails to a variety of kinds of finishes. Can give you a manicure meltdown.
Here are my “these are genius” manicure products that I can.not.live.without.
My 5 Manicure Musts…
- Are you Gel’in?: Gel polish has the best staying power, (manicured) hands down! Whether it’s from a salon (treat yo’self), or from a basic kit, you will be much happier with a longer mani.
- Take Your Time: My rule of thumb is to that after each coat of polish, you wait 2 minutes until applying the next coat. Makes a major difference. Try it.
- Invest in the Best: Want a longer-lasting quality mani? Invest in high quality products. Check out my go-to stores here and here and here to find nail products that will go the distance!
- Go with the Pro: Day to day, I maintain my manis. But a few times a year I get my nails professionally done to reeeeeeeally make things look amazing. Then I upkeep…then I get the professional treatment at a spa. A little trick that keeps your mani looking amazing!
- Cue the Cuticles: So simple, but so necessary. Every day I use this (not so well known) cuticle oil here to smooth my cuticles. Its a miracle worker. This little magic oil makes a crazy difference on how your nails look. Trust.
Shop a few of my must-have manicure items below!