Google trends show that every 5 seconds people are searching to learn more about Botox and Juvederm. Not only am I sharing the TOP 5 searched questions, but also including fact-filled answers and MY personal experience. Don’t get Botox or Juvederm without reading this first…
What Gets Rid of Wrinkles Quickly?
The TOP question is how to get rid of wrinkles asap. Clearly, we are all busy people and can.not.wait around for miracle lotions to (hopefully) kick-in after a few months. With (professional) Medical Spa treatments, you see (almost) immediate results. Jackpot!
- Botox injections relax your muscle underneath the (ick) wrinkle, so the skin on top lies smooth.
- Facial Fillers (Juvederm) fills deep wrinkles to create an even surface (frown lines, marionette lines…).
- Microneedling creates punctures in the top layer of your skin (tiny needles from the SkinPen do the work) to promote collagen growth – remember my posts HERE and HERE and HERE?)
Does Botox Hurt?
- Procedure Pain? Botox is injected with a needle. During the procedure it is mildly annoying, but not painful. However, some parts of your face are more sensitive than others – and pain tolerances vary. Personally, I had no problem with pain.
- Prolonged Pain? Very teeny, tiny/minor headache for about 1 hour afterward.
How Long Does Botox Take & How Long Does it Last?
- Non-surgical procedure – takes about 20 minutes from start to finish
- No downtime. Literally get it on your lunch break.
- Results? Noticeable in about 5-10 days, last up to 3 months.
- Less is more – Trained professionals know the correct dosage to look naturally youthful – NO phony bologna. Only get Botox from trained professionals who are board certified nurse practitioners.
What Brand is the Best for Removing Wrinkles?
Juvéderm Vollure XC is the creme de la creme for facial fillers – here’s why:
- THE facial filler that is MOST trusted for most effective results (make sure you are getting THIS one at your MedSpa)
- ONLY FDA-approved filler (hello – you want FDA approved being injected into your face – yes?)
- 1st and only hyaluronic acid dermal filler approved by FDA
- Results lasting up to 18 months
- Longest-lasting (shown in a clinical study)
How is it done?
(FYI… all these photos are without filters/photoshop effects in natural lighting)
Mark the Spot!
Before you receive Botox or Juvederm, the board-certified nurse practitioner does the following:
- Applies a numbing cream to your face to further reduce any pain associated with the procedure.
- Determines where to do the injections and marks the spot(s) with a pen.
Check it out in ACTION in my video below…
A microneedling treatment involves the use of a tool, a SkinPen, to glide over your face and inject microscopic holes into your skin. This promotes natural collagen growth for a more youthful appearance.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes… Before and After Photos!
Pretty WOWza, huh? The photos below show the before and after from Botox alone. The photos are 10 days apart.
A smile is the best thing you can wear… but I hope I helped answer the MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED WRINKLE QUESTIONS. Comment or email me privately with any additional questions. I’m happy to girl chat more about Botox, skincare…or pizza.