Obvious statement alert: Sometimes its tough to be a girl. Well, a girly girl. Grooming and primping and all of that involves not only time and money, but research. So, in my never-ending curiosity to find the perfectly groomed eyebrows, I researched and tried eyebrow threading.
What is threading, you ask? If you aren’t familiar with this hair removal system here are the Cliff Notes. The specialists who thread the hair use a thin and twisted piece of cotton thread to roll it over your hairline(s) to pluck the hair at the follicle. With threading entire rows of hair removed at once – which is a positive feature of this technique because the result is a perfectly straight line. Hello, gorgeous!
It all started because I was really bad at planning my next eyebrow waxing at my fave salon. Securing an appointment never seemed to work out with the timing of when I needed the grooming the most, aka when I felt like I had a unibrow. But alas – at the mall there was a threading salon that conveniently allowed walk-ins. Here goes the experiment.
Which is better? Threading or waxing?
1. Quick and easy. (10 minutes max!)
2. No red after “glow” (otherwise known as hot wax burn) from the area which the hair was removed.
3. VERY straight line for eyebrow waxing – looks amazing.
4. Hair growth is slower (since its getting all hairs at the follicle level) which means you can go longer between removal.
5. Inexpensive ($10 versus the $20 waxing cost)
6. Less harmful to your skin (no burning from hot wax or sensitivity to wax since a cotton thread is all that is used)
7. Ouch. It hurts. Yowza. But, no pain no gain – right?
Drum roll please? I prefer the threading. It lasts longer, looks better, costs less and is so convenient. Additionally, it gives me yet another excuse to hit the mall.
Ok, time to shop!