It’s time to rethink hair extensions. Let’s chat: if you have thinning hair, short hair, un-voluminous hair or even hair that could just use a lil something-something, you are a PERFECT candidate for extensions. But which ones? How do they work? How long do they last? Lots of questions… but we’ve got the answers. And if you live in Cleveland, we’ve also got THE hair extension specialist you need to book an appointment with ASAP (and with a special 20% off Glam Karen discount!)
Hair Extensions, 101
Talkin’ hand-tied weft extensions today… but ICYMI, click back on previous posts to get the deets on tape-in extensions and keratin bond extensions.
➰ Behind the Scenes with Hand-Tied Extensions ➰
move your mouse onto the center of the book
click thru the flip book
➰ How do Hand-Tied Beaded Extensions Work? ➰
Want extensions that last for longer than a day or two (aka clip-in extensions), are easy maintenance and blend in seamlessly to your natural hair? You want hand-tied beaded weft extensions.
- NO: heat, glue or chemicals (that can damage hair and the follicle) in the installation process
- Popular: The most common type of hair extensions
- Strong: beaded bonds are in it to win it
- Custom: Can be easily cut to custom fit your head/hair goals
- Healthy: Minimal shedding of beaded weft-extension hair during wear
- All Hair Types: Can be applied to any type of hair
- Washing/Styling: Use any type of hair products/treatments – no need for specialty, expensive products
➰ How Long do Extensions Last? ➰
If you’re going to go big (aka, big hair)… you are obvi curious how long beaded wefts last and what the maintenance is – right?
- Scheduling: Make an appointment with your specialist every 6-8 weeks (depending on how rough or gentle you are with hair )
- Appointment Time: Beaded weft tightening sessions typically take between 20 – 30 minutes.
- Hair Life: Hair extensions can be used/re-used for 4-6 applications (meaning you only need to purchase new hair ~twice/year)
➰ Can Any Stylist Apply Extensions? ➰
Eager to book with a stylist? First things first.
- A Must: Make sure the stylist is a hair extension specialist
- Do your Homework: Check on what training the stylist has received to qualify as a “specialist”
- Depending on what type of extensions you seek, your stylist will have a certification or have received professional training to apply those extensions.
- Watch out: No Training? If your stylist has had zero training/certifications, your hair will become incredibly damaged (meaning, big chunks of your hair falling out!) because of an inexperienced application.
➰ Cleveland Ladies: You’re in LUCK! ➰
Schedule with a highly-trained extension specialist! Ashley New at Lucia’s (Chagrin Falls) is THE best of the best.
- Get a FREE consultation appointment with Ashley (answer any questions, determine hair goals, etc…)
- Get 20% off your total on your first service with Ashley just by mentioning me, Glam Karen
❤️Not being blessed by the hair gods, THIS brings all the confident and fabulous feels. It’s easy to maintain, easy to schedule in appointments and long-lasting.