It’s fall, y’all! Time for fall decorating ideas that are chic – NOT SPOOKtacular. Because the fall decor seasonal style struggle is real. How to begin? And, how to end (most importantly)? Where to find those coveted fall items to enhance the space, not engulf the space.
- Do-not-add-every-fall-themed-item-to-your-cart. To then add to your home.
- Hold yourself back from thematic overload.
- Think style.
- Think chic with your fall decor.
- Your home should NOT be an explosion of the Halloween section from a Hallmark store.
GOAL: add finishing touches of the season to your home. Just the frosting on the cake… not the entire cake shop. Get it?
Fall Decor Do’s…
- Warm and inviting – in tune with the season (not the theme of the season)
- Start small (ex: with your coffee table)
- Create a focal point – not a haunted house.
- Keep the fall deco within your usual style.
- Floral centerpiece in an unique pot (or pumpkin!)
- A (black or orange or red) bowl brings out the seasons colors. Use that – then keep with YOUR normal decor by adding in seashells you found this past summer. Fall with summer memories…
- A tray. On an orange or golden tray (again – to reflect the flecks of color of the season), add things to the tray that fit your style – fashion books, a candle…flea market find.
- Golden glitter pumpkins! Adds sparkle while not being too over the top “themey” with the season.
What’s the the point? – add reflections of the season (don’t be literal with decor. Skip ghosts, skulls, spiders…) to your fall style.