What’s the secret hack? An unexpected and (perhaps?) underrated feature: Leather hardware.
- Rent your space and can’t make major physical changes.
- Own your home and can.not.stand the cabinets but can.not.afford to replace them.
- Are a vintage or thrift shopper who loves enhancing a “meh” piece of furniture.
- Shop IKEA on the regular (yay bargain prices!), but wants to tweak their basic pieces just a little…
Walnut Studiolo in Oregon designs and crafts super chic and trendy leather accessories that can easily replace door and drawer knobs, ideal for DIY designers and leather lovers who want edgy cuffs and handles to spice up their home.
Walnut Studiolo’s detailed DIY instructions make installation a breeze. All (simple) steps are included within the drawer handle packet as well as with videos online. They’ve got you covered… but trust me, it’s not complicated.
Step 1: Lay out the handles and screw packages to make sure everything is ready to roll. Bonus: Walnut Studiolo smartly separates the hardware pieces (screws, washers, etc…) into pre-organized packages to make the pre-DIY organizing easy-peasy.
Within a few hours, this (old) IKEA dresser got a modern revival – all from these Walnut Studiolo handles. Proof that home DIY projects do not all require dust masks, tool belts, hard hats, safety glasses, power tools, extension cords, duct tape, levels, and more!
- Sustainable: Handscrafted in small batches in the USA from oak-tanned leather and oil dyes, their low-impact environmental values are admirable.
- High Quality & Durable: Walnut Studiolo’s hand-dyed American leather gets better with age. No need to worry about replacing these handles, even with frequent usage and handling. And, Walnut Studio’s durable, high quality, and repairable products prevent landfilling.
- A Local/Small Business: Geoffrey Franklin, an 8th generation Oregonian, runs Walnut Studiolo with his wife, Valerie.
- Environmentally Mindful: Walnut Studiolo looks for materials in the following priority order: upcycled/reused, recycled or otherwise certified sustainable, and last, new materials.
- Work Room Smart: Employees of Walnut Studiolo are rewarded by using alternative transportation, including bicycling to work and for errands. The company supports fellow bicycle-based businesses, choosing bicycle-based service providers for food delivery, janitorial services, and more. They even compost food waste in their break room and at events using the City of Portland’s curbside compost program.
- Award-Winning: Chosen by discerning designers for projects big and small, from home IKEA hacks and vintage Airstream remodels to mountain chalets and executive mansions. Honored at the “Best of Portland” awards and editorially featured in Real Simple, House Beautiful, and Interior Design magazines.
Check out the coolest drawer/cabinet pulls you’ve EVER seen, along with bicycle, travel, home goods and other essentials here. Finally, give Walnut Studiolo some ❤️ by following them on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
*I partnered with Walnut Studiolo but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.