Upgrade your bathroom space from spaztic to spa-like while staying within budget – and do those bathroom upgrades in one afternoon.
Bathroom upgrades & updates aren’t synonymous with heated floors, steam showers or even remote-controlled toilets. Although that would be nice, most of us have not recently won the lottery to make all of that happen. Instead, by paying attention to the smaller details you can create big changes.
The first step in creating a more tranquil bathroom is all in how you organize the dozens & dozens of bath supplies cluttering up this room.
- Out of Sight: When the eye SEES every-single-thing, it immediately feels overwhelming. Even if you have a chic container, if you can SEE all the STUFF, it’s clutter town.
- For example, notice the difference in makeup storage (photo below). In the “before” photo you SEE all the makeup. In the “after” photo it’s much more hidden. Even though the amount of counter space is the same, the eye registers this as more minimalist.
- Contain the Crazy: Storage containers are key for keeping your stuff contained (aka clutter-free).
- Take a look at the bath towel storage. In the “before” image, the towels, although neatly folded, add more for the eye to take in. But check out how much of a difference it feels in the “after” photo from rolling and placing in a clear container.
- Same Old, Same Old: As you start to gather storage containers for your bathroom, keep them the same (or similar.) The “clear storage” theme keeps it within one style to contribute to a calm, spa-like vibe.
Bottle it Up: Bottles of products from various brands looks junky, at best. The assortment of sizes, brand logos, color schemes, and writing is a major eye-sore. Instead of displaying all those brand bottles, empty the contents of soap, lotion or shampoo into a dispenser. Even by adding MORE to the bathroom countertop (after photo), the cohesive look of the marbled containers and dispenser looks luxe and clean.
Consistency is Key: No need for “matchy-matchy” items in an updated bathroom, but you do want to think about keeping it consistent. For example, in the before photo, the odd collection of “trinket” decor seems random. The “after” photo’s white and marble palette is cleaned up and consistent while still allowing space for jewelry.
Hide & Seek: Bathrooms require certain supplies (talkin’ about toilet paper, toilet bowl brushes, etc…) but who says we want to see it? By cleverly keeping within a minimalist theme you can be sneaky in your storage. Notice in the before photo that the toilet bowl cleaner is trying to hide, but we all know what it is. In the after photo, the brush with cleaning solution is contained in the tall, white storage unit. A small change makes a big visual difference.
So Fresh & So Clean-Clean: Real talk: Bathtub mats get omg-gross. Despite valiant efforts, the struggle is real. And the ick is intense. Time to replace that mat for a fresh, clean start.
Less is More: Simply switching up a brown woven storage basket to a clear one lightens up the look. It’s a way to create an optical illusion of more space. Done & done.
Effortlessly organize and decorate your everyday living spaces…