Goal: creating a cozy place in a small living space makes you want to stay home! How? Using a few tips with warm hues, snuggly fabrics and happy decor will make it happen.
Designers use a simple trick of placing mirrors in small places to add depth to the space.
- Placement is Key: Put a pretty mirror behind a lamp and suddenly you get more space WITH a glow.
- Chic Style: Reflect the light with style. Gold leaf finishing, curved edges, pretty petal edges or Moorish-inspired vibe enhances the sophistocation.
Draw the Eye Upward. Visual trick to fool your eye making your small space seem larger/longer.
- Gallery Wall: Add photos and/or art to your wall. Make it hassle-free – buy a pre-made template (like THIS one).
- Decorative Lights: Time to splurge (a bit) on lighting. Not only does it add depth to your small space, but it also becomes a glamorous focal point of the room.
- Go BIG or Go Home: Larger sized artwork can make your small room appear larger. Choose ONE large work of art for the wall and see.
Signature stylish decor pieces. Done and done.
- Ambient Lighting: Candles create cozy. Scared of burning down your place? #Guilty. Updated flameless candles for the WIN. Flames “flicker” and they even come with a remote control.
- Circular Coffee Table: Round tables (and/or decorative trays) balance a small room’s straight lines to bring feng shui and a more open vibe.
- Rug Life: Layer a rug on a rug. The layering creates depth, texture and interest. Surprisingly, it makes your space more spacious.
Dingy, dank or even disgusting are not words you want to describe the smell of your space. Fresh, clean and fabulous is the goal.
- Essential Oil Diffusers: Step aside oil diffusers of the past. Todays diffusers are super chic while emitting oil at a natural pace. Oh, and they last for months before you need to refill the base.
- Flowers: If your budget can swing it, opt for fresh flowers to fill a space with freshness. If not, faux flowers can fool your senses. And – they look beautiful.
Cozy requires luxe fabrics and baby kittens.
- Power to the Pillows: Snuggle your Saturday night away with pillows. Faux fur fabrics = favorites!
- Bring on the Blanket: Can’t have pillows without a (faux fur) blanket, right?