Even if you don’t work from home – you still probably work AT home after your work hours. Right? Do you have a space to inspire you? Do you have a home office that is stylish and feels fabulous to be in? Want to know a few easy ways to make YOUR home office more stylish and less stiff? Want shopping suggestions on how to do it on a budget?
Cozy, Chic Couch
- Room Size: Depending on your space, choose a couch/recliner/daybed to make late nights of extra work more calming.
- Color Choice: The couch color is the foundation color for your home office space and other colors will compliment it.
- Multi-Purpose: Look for a couch/loveseat that also doubles as a futon.
Coffee Table Inspiration
- Think Happy: Any items that make you smile are what you want. Put them on a table to create a YAY vibe.
- Flowers: Fresh blooms are always a mood lifter. But if that’s not in the budget, find realistic looking flowers.
- Candles: Choose a scent that brings it. Keep in mind the holder. If you buy a candle housed in a stylish holder, you can reuse that holder for makeup brushes once the candle wax burns up.
- Tray: Not only is a tray decorative, but its a way to easily move all your cute items out of the way if you need room to spread out work papers.
Darling Desk Do-dads
- Pencils/Pens: Write with the RIGHT stuff. Pretty pens and pencils don’t cost much more than a boring #2 pencil.
- Pencil Holder: Clear organizational holders create an openness to your desk while also showing off your pretty pens!
- Theme: Pick one theme/color for your desk. I chose gold and pink. Keeps the look fresh and uncluttered.
- Outside the Box: See that pineapple paperclip holder on my desk? It’s really a jewelry tray that I am using in a different way. Keep that in mind while shopping a dollar section or clearance aisle.
- Gallery Wall: Remember the post HERE about this idea? Use it for your space to have pretty pictures to look at! You want images that being a sense of joy to your mood.
Stylish Storage Solutions
- Designer Boxes: Use fancy-shmancy boxes (talkin’ about you, Louis Vuitton, CHANEL, Gucci…) to store any items. Then – place these pretty (storage) boxes on display. Double-duty-done! Storage plus decorative accents to your space.
- Rustic Boxes: Hit your local flea market to scoop up some farmhouse style wooden boxes or industrial boxes.
- Vintage Boxes: Hello, hat box! How chic would a few of these look in your space while also storing your stuff?
Work in Progress…
No matter how you organize your work space in a home office, remember to keep YOU in mind. Find decor that YOU love. No judgement. All about keeping your vibe positive while being that #GirlBoss that you are.
What will YOU edit in your home office space to make it inspiring and stylish?