Is it time to cue #SweaterWeather and #PumpkinSpiceLatte or can we just cut to the chunky knit cardigan coziness? Nothing better than snuggling into an oversized knit during brisk mornings and cold evenings. But not all sweaters are created equal on the cozy (and chic) scale. FOUND. Ones that you’ll fall in love with and not … ahem … throw on the floor when searching for an outfit to wear!
Sure, sweaters are cozy. But are they also stylish and chic? Will you become obsessed with them because of the details? Or do they just blend in to what every-other-store is selling?
- Embellished: Think leather trim, sparkled detail, embroidery, or a saying adds personality.
- Jewel Tones: Warm up your complexion by wearing deep plum, emerald, saphire, quartz, amethyst…
- Classic Cozy Colors: Perfect for #Brunch are always grey, black and navy – especially in oversized or cardigans.
- TIP: Add a cheerful seasonal scarf to keep the cozy, but enhance the style (see what I did with the pink/orange sweater with my grey sweater?)
- Fabrics: Velvet, velour, and suede up the sophistication.
Time to stretch your comfort level (see what I did there, haha) and wear sweaters with wardrobe pieces you might not normally match with a sweater.
- Slip Dress: Throw on a stunning slip dress and toss a cardigan over it. Adds warmth and an unexpected street-style vibe of feminine and comfortable.
- OTK Boots: Rock that sweater dress OR oversized sweater with shorter skirt and grab your OTK boots.
- Track Pants or Joggers: Get out your Adidas track pants (with the retro stripe down the side), an oversized crewneck sweater and done. Tuck in the front center of the sweater into the band of the pants. Throw on some slip-on sneakers. Boom.
- Culottes: Imagine the gorgeous GLAM factor wearing white culottes, an oversized white/grey/camel sweater and suede ankle booties in a jewel tone.
Leather-trimmed black cardigan
Colorful scarf and bow detailed flats with grey cardigan
Rich Jewel Toned Saphire-Navy in a Velour Fabric
APRES: hand-spun yarn, hand finished
No matter how you style your sweaters – belting it, piling one sweater over another, embellishing with a pompom beanie – find NEW ways to create cozy. I’d love to hear how YOU style your sweaters – add your ideas in the comments!