Quiz: What’s one of the most popular Google searches for women? Hint: it has nothing to do with cookie batter or the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. But, it does have something to do with style. Answer? How to look chic while being cozy. And dressing COZY chic can be, (in my opinion) trickier than learning how to (properly) contour your face with makeup! Cozy can mean, to some, hair up, fuzzy socks on, and a blanket (as your accessory). Style dilemma: can we be master the chic look while simultaneously being cozy? And how to style this cozy chic vibe in the HOT summer months?
IDEA #1: Swap out a baseball hat for a more stylish one.
- Try a straw, fedora or sombrero (kidding about the sombrero…)
- LOVING pretending I’m a cowboy in THIS hat
- Set (comfortable) bounderies for what hat you wear.
- Try on a few different styles/designs until you love the look. Not all hats are winners…
- Feeling awkward in what you’re wearing? Don’t wear it.
- Perfect instant street style glam to wear for coffee, lunch at an outside patio, or cocktails after the beach.
IDEA #2: Swap out fitted dresses for embellished tunics
- Tunic Embellishment. Adds an instant fancy factor to your look, but is also super cozy & breezy to keep you cool!
- Worn THIS tunic on the regular this summer! And my kitty, Moxie, likes it too!
- Minimize the Rest. With a lot going on with your tunic, keep the rest of your outfit basic.
- SIMPLE shoes (flats), jewelry (delicate pendant, a few thin, layered bangles, or stud earrings.
Cozy can be charming – add embellished details (jewelry, shoes, bag…) to the neutral/monochromatic wardrobe to style it up with sophistocation!
How To? Pick (only) 1 from this list when the rest of your outfit is monochromatic.
- Add Color: Brighten things up with colorful accessories! Turquoise, pink and greens are my faves for the summer!
- Add Design: Prints/Pom-Poms are popping up everywhere! Try an embellished straw bag!
- Add Sparkle: Tassels, sequins, embroidery, OR fringe can enhance your monochromatic look.
“A woman with good shoes is never ugly,” Coco Chanel. Try out these summer shoe trends:
- Warm tones
- Textual tapestries
- Henna tattoo inspired
- Jeweled detailing
IDEA #5: FINAL Thoughts!
If you answer YES to the following questions, you’ve mastered a cozy, chic look!
- Does it make you smile?
- Do you feel pretty in it?
- Do you feel confident wearing it?
- Is it something you LOVE?
- Would you want your photo taken in it?
*Loved partnering with Soft Surroundings for this post, but as always all opinions are my own.