Did I ever think I’d be a fashion blogger, that I’d work with GLAMOUR Magazine or attend New York Fashion Week (more than once)? Heck no! So – how did Cleveland blogger Glam Karen end up in the “Fashion Flash” section of The Cleveland Plain Dealer? (Full article HERE)
The Cleveland Plain Dealer’s PHOTOS of Glam Karen HERE
Blogging (for me) keeps me happy in the moment. What makes YOU happy? Grateful for these “happy moment” blogging opportunities I’ve had, including…
- GLAMOUR Magazine: Ambassador internship for 8 years to promote fashion/beauty events in my homes of Boston & Cleveland.
- Harper’s Bazaar Magazine: Ambassador internship for 3 years to promote fashion/beauty in Cleveland.
- Society Stylist Blog: Managing editor writing blog posts, WordPress optimization, social media platform exposure.
- New York Fashion Week: Interviews and shows (attending 3 years) including Cynthia Rowley & Nicole Miller.
- Blogging Events: 2017 events included American Heart Assotiation Ball, Nordstrom Beachwood Place Beauty Preview, The Container Store Grand Opening, Alson’s Jewelers Ippolita Event…
- Blogging Networks: Style Collective Sisters is a MUST to be a member of. This supportive network has current tutorials exclusive for members along with resources for NYFW. Contact information with partnering agencies/PR firms/SEO specialists/graphic designers/etc to keep your blogging game strong and current. More HERE.
After blogging for 5 years, I am truly an expert. Ha! KIDDING.
- Blogging Myth: NOT days filled with attending trendy events, wearing top labels, #BrunchSoHard and photo shoots. In reality, its sitting in front of a computer writing/editing while reviewing hundreds of photos to (carefully) select a few to use.
- According to Women’s Wear Daily (By Rachel Strugatz on September 19, 2017), “Influencers are the new sales associates. They’re driving more traffic and influencing more transactions at top retailers than ever — and there are statistics to prove it.”
- Offering fashion advice, styling tips and being a part of that influence within the industry makes me happy. But it is work.
Building relationships within my community are THE best & most inspiring parts of blogging for me…
- Local Humanitarians, Chefs, Celebs, Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Designers, Artists, Business Owners…
Sara Shookman (Emmy-award winning television journalist, WKYC)
Dillards Beachwood Place
Chef Douglas Katz (Fire, Provenance, Katz Club Diner…)
Doreen Gelina (Chantecaille/Nordstrom Beachwood Place)
Isabel Pritchett (Business owner: Sanity Chagrin Falls)
Los Lobos band (Backstage at The Music Box Supper Club)
Jackie Wachter (Business owner/artisan: FOUNT)
My advice on blogging. Blogger (or not), keep these 3 BIG ideas at the forefront of all you do:
- Don’t ever doubt your worth.
- Take your dreams seriously.
- Start each day with a positive #GirlBoss mindset…and try SUPER hard to never let anyone dull your sparkle.