Upgrade your space with 3 steps. Living room decor can feel “meh” around this time of the year. Upgrade what you already have, even on a budget. By using a BASIC FORMULA with only 3 STEPS, you can easily and effortlessly mix and match main pieces of a room to customize your space in only 1 afternoon. Let me show you how it’s done…
🖤 Take Note: the stuff in your space falls into 2 categories: main pieces and details.
- sofa, area rug, coffee table…
- decor items, lamp, cushions, mirrors, poufs, vases…
MAIN Centerpiece + Color + Contrast = Upgrade
Step 1: CENTERPIECE
Pick a centerpiece to be the focal point of your space with a MAIN PIECE item (from the list above)
- Typically a centerpiece is a sofa in a living room, but it could be a desk in an office or the bed in a bedroom.
Step 2: COLOR
Add in solid colors OR patterns with your DETAIL pieces (from the list above) depending on your centerpiece. For example, add in patterned pillows if your centerpiece sofa is a solid color. Include a patterned rug to add more dimension while keeping the overall look balanced.
- Is the living room centerpiece a solid color? ➡️Add in patterned details.
- Is the living room centerpiece a pattern? ➡️Add in solid colors details.
Step 3: CONTRAST
Here’s how to create balance in your room ➡️ Pair contrasting pieces together. (*all images are linked if you want to shop the look!)
What room will YOU upgrade in your home? Are the creative ideas flowing?