Date night outfit dilemma? No need to overthink it. Upgrade ANY outfit with a few simple, small outfit enhancements. Bonus: you can copy these ideas right now from what you probably already have in your closet.
Here’s “the thing“. The i-ching. The “secret” to upgrading an outfit, especially for date night. Whenever you think you need to buy a new outfit, you actually don’t. All you need to do is focus on your accessories. Already in your closet. Think about it – most often people compliment you on your bag/earrings/shoes. Why? Accessories are the focal points of your look. Accent those details for “date night” (or anytime you want a statement look) and you instantly own that streetstyle vibe or classic chic look.
Outfit Style Tip: Add 1 statement piece of jewelry (ring or earrings or necklace) to
- A monochromatic or neutral outfit (don’t limit it to all black or grey – try other colors like hunter green or red or navy!)
- Casual look (trending quilted vest, velvet tee, gold hue top…)
Outfit Style Tip: Checklist of HOW to choose your bag…
- Outfit already enhanced with embroidery/sequins/patterns? Keep your bag basic in design.
- Outfit monochromatic? Pick a bag with added extras (jeweled detail, print, bow, tassels…you get the idea)
- Any Outfit? Grab a bag with texture. Woven or lush fabrics (think leather or velvet) are eye-catchers for an outfit.
Outfit Style Tip: Never underestimate the power of shoes to bring your best foot forward (haha) for date night!
- Cropped pants? Wear heels (stiletto, strappy, wedge…even a statement boot). Eyes immediately are drawn to your shoes.
- Dresses (above the knee): OTK boot or booties
- Skinny jeans/pants: OTK boots (for the win again) or riding boots OR embellished (satin is really on trend now) slip-on sneakers to give you extra street style.
Outfit Style Tip: If all else fails, your coat is your BFF. Top off the coat with….
- LBD: Or, Little Dress of ANY color.
- Minimalist Vibe: Keep the rest simple (color or texture)… keep the focus on the coat.
- Satin: The mix of a luxe satin outfit topped off with a faux fur defines date night sophistocation.
- Day date?: Throw on a blazer (over layers of a button-down top & quilted vest) with some trendy mittens.
Outfit Style Tip: The outfit accessory to bring the attention to a bold lip (THIS lipcolor flatters EVERY skintone & is a cult classic) which is another accessory for date night that is a perfect option!