ok, ok. Let’s get real. I’m not about bashing budgets in the post. As much as you might want this post to be about ways to shop without feeling guilty about it, this is not that post. But…this post IS about showcasing what can be a mood elevator and a confidence booster. And WHY you need to take time for yourself and celebrate you.
Get that mani. Add in a pedi. Do it. I believe in manicures. So should you.
A former principal (and good friend) of mine would remind her staff at each and every meeting to “take time for yourself…” and I always-always-always appreciated that. We put ourselves out there a million hours a day. We put in those hours without a second thought. We teachers LOVE to make our students feel fabulous. It’s what we do. But… we also need to take care of ourselves so we can take care of our students. Time to do those mini check-ins with OURSELVES. Are WE doing ok?
Moral of the story: Don’t put yourself last.
Why? You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a mani/pedi.
1. What matters most is how you see yourself. Know that boost after you get pampered a bit? You walk taller.
2. You feel beautiful. You radiate confidence. You smile more. Need I go on? These are ALL good things. About you.
3. Give some LOVE to yourself. You are a gift. Pamper your amazingness!
4. Be someone YOU want to be around. Aren’t you happier after a pamper session? (I am…)
5. And… you always want to look/dress like you will meet your worst enemy that day (so to speak.) Confidence.
Just a reminder to CELEBRATE yourself once in a while. Just do it. Get that mani.
Add some POLISH to your life!