Cold, cozy nights. Are you ready? Here’s the checklist of cozy essentials; Warm blankets, Soft pillows, Fuzzy socks, Mocha lattes. Time to upgrade your bedroom? Create a tranquil, peaceful and comforting space where YOU can relax, unwind and recharge with a few simple steps. Sharing a peek with you of MY cozy space to help guide your next steps. Transform your bedroom into a calming oasis with these tips.
A few of my favorite (and no-fail) ideas create a chic (and cozy) space where you’ll always want to curl up in during these crisp fall evenings. Bonus: Snuggly morning “me” time? Majorly improved.
How to Create COZY…
Science, Y’all. Darker colors in a bedroom = your first step (and best bet) to sleep soundly.
- Grey tones. Proven to relieve stress and help you relax better than any other colors (sorry yellow, orange and red…)
- Soft blues & lavenders. Winners for relaxing effects, so add hints of these hues to your space.
- Add a pop of your favorite color. Just a pop helps YOU better connect with the vibe of the room. But don’t go overboard with your signature color, just add 1 or 2 accents (pillow, candle or blanket) in that color.
Remember: your space should be a personal expression of who you are. Stay true to you when adding accents, and keep it balanced.
- When in doubt, add flowers. Fresh blooms are uplifting, inspiring, calming and remind you (subtly) to bloom with grace. Even faux flowers like THESE pretty imposters trick your brain into that mode.
- Read past your bedtime! Why? A stack of books brings balance. Which books speak to you? Keep those nearby…Mine include Coco Chanel. Sweet (& fashionable) dreams…
- Light a candle. Gentle things in life, like the soft, flickering glow of a candle, can bring so much tranquility.
Question: Do you do that cute thing where you stay up all night and feel like UGH the next morning? ahem… Welp, here are a few reasons WHY that might be happening…
- 1: Your bedroom is a sleeping space – not a storage space.
- 2: Remove anything that distracts you…because sleep can.not.happen in chaos (or from checking emails…)
- 3: The less mess you have (in your bedroom), the better you will sleep/unwind/relax.
Stylists Trick: A variety of textures is the easiest way to add detail and luxurious sophistication to your space.
- Different Fabrics: Silk, cotton, velvet… that simple combo is significant.
- Subtle Depth: Mixing it up builds an overall luxurious feel.
- Adds Interest: Your simple, neutral space of calm won’t feel boring – instead it will feel beautiful and charming.
Get Cozy! My bedroom is cozy central thanks to Soft Surroundings! And, my wish list of cozy continues. THIS faux fur throw? I need. With the prettiest diffuser (here). Oh, and would’t THESE starlights be perfect during the holidays?
This post is sponsored by Soft Surroundings, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.