Bring on the NIGHT! There’s just one legitimate synonym for the American Heart Association’s Heart Ball: Boom Shaka Laka! What a night to celebrate the incredible accomplishments that the American Heart Association has made to improving lives. Time to dance on the tables (er…the dance floor) and donate to this life-saving cause.
What to Wear?
- Black Tie = Formal
- Dresses do not need to be floor length, but they do need to be in the “formal” or “gown” category
- Use Rent the Runway dress rental service to find TOP designer gowns to wear then return! Bonus: Use it now to get 20% off your rental price!
- My dress? It’s from BCBG
- The American Heart Association’s work and mission
- The American Heart Association’s donors and volunteers
- The lives saved and improved because of everyone’s effort
- Fundraising: This year the Heart Ball had a record breaking year and raised over $100,000 in the ballroom thanks to the generous support of those who attended.
- Initiatives: Everything raised will fund The AHA’s life-saving research and prevention programs in our Cleveland community and across the country.
- Connections! It’s always the friends we meet along the way that help us appreciate the journey! Making the night EVEN more fabulous was celebrating with a few incredible Clevelanders. Sara Shookman, the co-anchor of WKYC, is so adorbs and friendly. A few of my fave Cleveland Blogger Babes, The Wardrobe Consultant, Sylvie Style, Why CLE, and interior designer Danielle DeBoe Harper made the night even more amazing!
- Donate: Millions of Americans live with heart disease, stroke or a cardiovascular condition. Your donation will help the AHA save and improve their lives with research, education and emergency care.
- Stay Healthy: Physical activity improves both mental and physical health. It tackles anxiety, depression and anger.
- Eat Right: Maintaining good nutrition habits is tough for anyone, but with these tools you can do it.
- Do your homework: Use these resources will help you better care for someone who has heart disease or who has had a heart attack, heart surgery or a stroke.
- Be a PART of the PARTY! Mark your calendars for….
- Cleveland Heart Walk: Saturday, September 23rd at Mall C, downtown
- Go red For Women Health Expo & Luncheon: Friday, February 2nd at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
- Follow: Follow the AHA on social media.
What organizations do YOU support, and how do you show your SUPPORT?