Let’s get to the glow. In 5 steps you can get that sun kissed look.
Sun Kissed Glow (in 5 steps)
That glo, tho. It’s easier than you think to look like your job is napping in a hammock on the beach. Radiant, rested, sun-kissed. And in 5 minutes. But you need the right products. The need-now shades. Know what I mean?
SELF-TANNER: Literally, I have LITERALLY tried every-single-self tanner on the market for about the last million years. Always optimistic. But when I found THIS holy grail product that fooled my dermatologist – welp, that was the winner-winner-chicken-dinner.
- Spray yourself either outside or in the shower to avoid you self-tanning your entire house/carpet/upholstery…
- Apply 1 layer of spray/tan to start. You can always add to your tan, but removing too much is an exfoliating nightmare.
- Use the mitt. This tanning mitt is the i-ching to buffing the tan to perfection. If you get too much spray in an area, use the mitt to buff it around. So much power for just a basic mitt, ya know?
MAKEUP: Summer makeup equals lighter and brighter hues with more golden tones. And there are a million of them.
What’s the Difference?:
- These products allow your skin to breathe, especially when you are naturally (ahem) glowing (aka…sweating). No makeup running down your face. These are light enough that they work with your complexion.
- SPF included in the products. Because, skin cancer.
- No fail shades. Who has time to contour and highlight? Just apply these universally flattering shades and hit the beach.
LOTION: Salty hair, don’t care does not apply here. Saltwater, chemicals in pools and a hot sun all suck the life out of your skin.
- Body oil. Yep, it hydrates your skin to the max. But be careful – you want to get a glow, not look like a greased pig. All of these cult-classics below sell out year after year because they do the job.
- Shimmer factor. Products with too much glitter will give you a look of…well… too much glitter. Go for that shimmer and reflected light glow.
ACCESSORIES: Stylists have lots-O-secrets. One is that they know that certain accessories bring out a luminous glow better than others. Channel your inner Mediterranian chic.
- Gold: layer gold necklaces or wear one piece at a time. Golden tones are best to bring out your glow!
- Resin: Keeping it light (because, humidity) with resin balances the look but still adds a finished touch to the outfit.
- Straw Bags: Yes, they are everywhere (top picks here). Why? They give off that cool summer “it girl” vibe of jotting off to a summer market or a picnic.
BOHO-CHIC: Nothing makes you look like you came right off the beach or a fancy-schmancy yacht than a sophisticated boho-chic look. Don’t miss the main style tips here – with a few top picks below.
Start with a self-tan, that glimmer of lotion, add in natural makeup, gold coin jewelry, toss on an upscale bohemian tunic and you’re out the door with a straw bag to some bon-fire on the beach.
Happy Summer! Thanks for stopping by! xo