You go, girl. Be strong. Go get ’em. Keep that head up. You own this. Welp, sometimes its not as easy as it sounds to be confident. Sometimes it’s quite a battle between our minds and our hearts and our vision. Sometimes it is just a matter of prioritizing those three areas and going with the one that feels right in that moment.
But here’s the thing. There are a few myths to being confident you should know.
1. Strike a Pose: Think you can’t fake being confident? You’re wrong. Know the secret? Body language. Simply by adjusting your body language (even if you still have doubts about how confident you are in that situation) you will actually gain confidence. Try it! Every day, for a few minutes, strike a confident pose. 😉
2. Go BIG or Go Home!: Confident people are “all in”.. risk it all… Nope. Confident people are not impulsive or irrational. Instead, confident people are aware of what are “risks” to them and take the right steps in the right order to take those risks. Meaning…if public speaking scares you, you start off first talking to a few strangers. Then you talk to a group at school or work. Then you volunteer to lead a group. Then you speak publicly. You don’t dive into the deep end for step one.
3. Cool as a Cucumber: Confident people have zero insecurities. Hmmm… Appearing confident means you can be calm and cool WITH you insecurities. You can acknowledge your weaknesses or challenges, but you don’t need to be weak about them. Identifying areas to work on in its own way shows self-confidence. It shows self-awareness, and that is strong.
4. Check ME out: Confident people are smug/arrogant/cocky. Well… not really. Check again. Confident people are actually the ones who DON’T need praise and attention and reassurance from others. Confident people are cool with hanging back…because they know what’s up.
5. Confident Chatty Cathy: Think you need to be the loudest in the room or the most chatty to appear the most confident? Wrong-O. Choose your words… say them with conviction…stand strong. What do they say about a person of few words?
And if you just need a quick boost… how about playing some of your favorite workout tunes? I know it’s simple, but it works.
How do YOU show confidence? Pretty please share your tip/trick in the comments below!