Who wants thicker hair? Want about longer locks? How about both? Have you tried extending yourself?
Gentlemen… please leave this blog post. This chat is secret stuff for the ladies.
Ladies – looking for more volume? Me too. Have you tried every-single-volumizing-product? Me too. What about biotin vitamins? Yes, me too. Any luck? Nope. Me neither.
Here’s my little secret. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to try extensions. Not for the length – but for the volume. While at a beauty event at Dino Palmieri Salon & Spa, I happened to compliment another woman about her hair. After a more lengthy and detailed conversation, I learned that her hair had extensions. Ahh….. so that’s the secret.
Lucky for me, I got to experience extensions! <squeal!!> My extensions are courtesy of Dino Palmieri Salon & Spa. I now am a lucky ducky with thicker hair. Melanie did an AMAZING job! SUPER impressed! Now you know MY hair secret. Promise not to tell, ok? Just between you and me. ;)
Although most people wont share this beauty secret with the world… I wanted to because I want YOU to learn about extensions; how they are applied, how to care for them, and the entire process.
Here I am… the “BEFORE” picture!
1. The salon will wash and blow out your hair, sans hair conditioner or styling product.
2. Extensions are applied. Mine are HotHeads Hair Extensions – the BEST of the BEST. I love that there is NO heat, no tools and no damage with these extensions. VERY important features. Available at Dino Palmieri Eton Collection.
3. Melanie, my stylist, is seriously talented with the application! They are medical grade, hypo-allergenic adhesive extensions. They create a water tight seal allowing the hair within the weft to remain in its natural growth pattern. There is ZERO damage to the hair, unlike other methods that can cause thinning and other types of rough damage to your hair.
1. Wash hair while upright – no flipping hair over to wash it in the sink, please! Allow 48 hours prior to your first time washing your hair/extensions.
2. Always use a good quality shampoo and conditioner, and one that is sulfate free. I use Oribe products – mainly because I am obsessed with them! SO good!
3. Don’t overdo it – don’t use too much product or hair wash because it can cause buildup.
4. Keep away from any products that contain alcohol, oil or ethanol – these can really compromise the adhesive on your extensions. Again, the Oribe products are my latest obsession. You might want to check them out. asap.
1. Style with a boar bristle brush or a special brush made especially for extensions available at your salon. Really, any brush will work but we want to know what is the BEST option, right?
2. Protect your extensions with a thermal heat protector and be careful with the use of blow-dryer and flat irons so that you don’t isolate the heat on the tabs.
3. These extensions last up to 10 weeks per application and can be reapplied up to 3 times! That is major!
1. Be certain to do your homework and find a reputable salon for your extensions. The LAST thing you want is sloppy extensions. <how embarrassing!>. If you are in the Cleveland area, I HIGHLY recommend Dino Palmieri Salon & Spa.
2. I really listened to the advice of my stylist, Melanie. I took major mental notes. This is a major investment – take good care of it!
3. Think about your hair goals. Do you want length? Do you want volume? Decide before you take the plunge.
4. Maintenance. Extensions require some maintenance. Be ready to commit to this prior to getting this done. Although its not hard work, you need to be smart about your hair care.
What I LOVE about Extensions?
They are subtle. Nothing major – just enough to amp up your natural hair.
They give you all “good hair days” – love that!
They blend into your natural hair seamlessly. Its SO hard to detect these!
They are really pretty! (this is important, right?)
They are really easy to care for – who needs major work every time you style your hair?